Monday, September 6, 2010

Why I Became a tester?

Why I became a tester?

Hmm… a good question to ask after all these years. Is it because I didn't have a choice? Is it because this was the first opportunity that i got? Is it because of an inspiration or is it because developing software instead was too difficult at the time?

I asked myself these questions and to be honest I have to say that it was an opportunity that came my way. When I was looking for a job during the final year of my degree, I got a chance to go for an interview in a reputed company. They offered me a job in the Quality Assurance (QA) track and I jumped at the chance, because it was a good opportunity to start my career in an internationally reputed company.

While I was involved with the day to day activities of the job, I realized that this is what i learnt in the Quality Assurance module during my course work. Then I got the hang of Testing and started to read more about Testing and the QA concepts.

The very first thing that I enjoyed in Testing was the moment when I broke the application that I was testing. I believe that was the moment, when i started to like testing.

As time passed, I gained an immense and immeasurable amount of experience at my current work place. By studying and sitting for exams and learning new strategies I became more passionate about testing. Although I must admit that I still get an adrenaline rush when I am able to break an application!

Even though I became a tester because of the opportunity I was given, now I am a tester because I feel passionately about Testing and Quality Assurance.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm… this is common for most of us. And I like your final few words 'now I am a tester because I feel passionately about Testing and Quality Assurance'. This is what we should have as cooperate citizen.

    ReplyDelete